What Can I Do If I Discover Mold Growing in My Home in Bonifay?
Mold is a common challenge for Floridians. The warm, moist climate encourages mold growth, which can also indicate water damage. Our local Crestview, DeFuniak Springs, and Chipley teams have been remediating mold damage in Bonifay for over twenty years, and offer these tips from our website for things to do, and things that should not while waiting for professional help to arrive:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48 to 72 hours
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans
- Contact SERVPRO of Spring Valley/Jamul for mold remediation services
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold
Call Us Today!
When your home or commercial business in Bonifay has mold damage, our local Crestview, DeFuniak Springs, and Chipley team is Here to Help. ® We’ll restore your mold damage “Like it never even happened.” Call us today at 850-772-0686.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.