Water Leak Responsible for Mold Problem in Holt Home?
Mold outbreaks are often caused by a water leak or water damage. Our local Crestview, DeFuniak Springs, and Chipley teams have been restoring mold damage in Holt for over twenty years. Our technicians use sensitive equipment to locate the source of the excess moisture and will correct the water leak problem during the mold remediation process.
Here is some information from the Environmental Protection Agency about mold:
- There is no practical way to eliminate all mold and mold spores in the indoor environment; the way to control indoor mold growth is to control moisture
- Fix the source of the water problem or leak to prevent mold growth
- Reduce indoor humidity (to 30-60 percent) to decrease mold growth by:
- Venting bathrooms, dryers, and other moisture-generating sources to the outside
- Using air conditioners and de-humidifiers
- Increasing ventilation
- Using exhaust fans whenever cooking, dishwashing, and cleaning
- Prevent condensation: Reduce the potential for condensation on cold surfaces (i.e., windows, piping, exterior walls, roof, or floors) by adding insulation
- In areas where there is a perpetual moisture problem, do not install carpeting
- Molds can be found almost anywhere; they can grow on virtually any substance, providing moisture is present. There are molds that can grow on wood, paper, carpet, and food.
Call Us Today!
Our local Crestview, DeFuniak Springs, and Chipley team is Here to Help ® when you need help with mold damage in Holt. We’ll restore the damage “Like it never even happened.” Call us today at 850-772-0686.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.