Mold Problems Prevented by Controlling Humidity Levels in DeFuniak Springs Home?
Our local Crestview, DeFuniak Springs, and Chipley teams are trained and certified to mitigate and restore mold damage in DeFuniak Springs. According to the National Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, you can keep mold out of homes and buildings by inspecting buildings for evidence of water damage and visible mold as part of routine maintenance and correcting any issues to prevent mold growth.
- Keep humidity levels as low as you can—between 30% and 50%–all day long. An air conditioner or dehumidifier will help you keep the level low. Bear in mind that humidity levels change over the course of a day with changes in the moisture in the air and the air temperature, so you will need to check the humidity levels more than once a day.
- Use an air conditioner or a dehumidifier during humid months
- Be sure your home has enough ventilation. Use exhaust fans that vent outside your home in the kitchen and bathroom. Make sure your clothes dryer vents outside your home.
- Fix any leaks in your home’s roof, walls, or plumbing so mold does not have moisture to grow
- Consider not using carpet in rooms or areas like bathrooms or basements that may have a lot of moisture
Call Us Today!
When your home or business in DeFuniak Springs needs mold mitigation and restoration services, our Crestview, DeFuniak Springs, and Chipley team will restore your damage “Like it never even happened.” Call us today at 850-772-0686.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.