Mold Outbreak Discovered in Crestview Home?
The warm and moist Florida climate makes mold a common challenge for all residents and businesses. Our local Crestview, DeFuniak Springs, and Chipley teams are trained and certified in applied microbial remediation by the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning, and Restoration Certification (IICRC), the nonprofit certifying body for the cleaning and restoration industries. Here are some mold damage emergency tips from our website for things you can and should not do while waiting for professional help to arrive:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48 to 72 hours
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas
- Turn off the heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) system and fans
- Contact our Crestview, DeFuniak Springs, and Chipley offices for mold remediation services
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold
Call Us Today!
Mold outbreaks are often a symptom of water damage. When you discover mold growing in your Crestview home or commercial business, our Crestview, DeFuniak Springs, and Chipley team will locate the source of the excess water and make repairs to minimize the chances of the mold returning once the remediation process is complete. Call us today at 850-772-0686.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.