Christmas Tree Fire in DeFuniak Springs Home?
Christmas tree fires can get out of hand quickly. Our local team in Crestview, DeFuniak Springs, and Chipley wants everyone to have a safe and fire-damage-free Christmas holiday in DeFuniak Springs. Here are some Christmas tree safety tips from the National Fire Protection Association:
PICKING THE TREE
- Choose a tree with fresh, green needles that do not fall off when touched
PLACING THE TREE
- Before placing the tree in the stand, cut 2 inches from the base of the trunk
- Make sure the tree is at least three feet away from any heat source, like fireplaces, radiators, candles, heat vents, or lights
- Make sure the tree is not blocking an exit
- Add water to the tree stand. Be sure to add water daily.
LIGHTING THE TREE
- Use lights that are listed by a qualified testing laboratory. Some lights are only for indoor or outdoor use.
- Replace any string of lights with worn or broken cords or loose bulb connections. Read the manufacturer’s instructions for the number of light strands to connect.
- Never use lit candles to decorate the tree
- Always turn off Christmas tree lights before leaving home or going to bed
Call Us Today!
When you have fire damage in your home or business, our team in Crestview, DeFuniak Springs, and Chipley is Here to Help. ® We’ll restore your fire damage “Like it never even happened.” Call us today at 850-772-0686.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.