Refrigerator Supply Line Failure in Crestview Home?
Our local team in Crestview, DeFuniak Springs, and Chipley have been restoring water damage in Crestview for over twenty years. In a study published by the Insurance Institute for Business and Home Safety (IBHS), 75 percent of water damage losses involving an ice maker were caused by a supply line failure. Proper installation of the ice maker supply line hose is important to avoiding water damage. Here are some refrigerator loss prevention and maintenance tips from the IBHS:
- Tightly connect the hose to the valve, and avoid over-tightening
- Ensure the valve connection is secure and check for kinks
- Inspect the hose every six months
- If kinks are present, replace the hose
- Leave a three-to-four-inch space between the back of the refrigerator and the wall to prevent the hose from crimping
- When pulling the refrigerator out for cleaning or service, avoid getting the hose caught beneath the wheel
- Locate the water shut-off valve
- Inspect the valve every six months to make sure the water supply will shut off, and replace the valve if needed
Call Us Today!
When your Crestview home or commercial business has a water damage emergency, our local team in Crestview, DeFuniak Springs, and Chipley is Here to Help. ® Call us today at 850-772-0686.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.