What Can I Do to Stay Safe During a Power Outage in Chipley?
Chipley residents are no strangers to storms and severe weather. Thunderstorms, strong winds, hurricanes, and tropical storms all can wreak havoc. When these storm systems sweep through Okaloosa County, sometimes residents are left without power. Our local team in Crestview, DeFuniak Springs, and Chipley offers these tips for protecting yourself during a power outage from the Federal Emergency Management Agency:
- Keep freezers and refrigerators closed
- Only use generators outdoors and away from windows
- Do not use a gas stove to heat your home
- Disconnect appliances and electronics to avoid damage from electrical surges
- Use alternate plans for refrigerating medicines or power-dependent medical devices
- If safe, go to an alternate location for heat or cooling
- Check on neighbors
Call Us Today!
When your home or business in Chipley suffers storm damage, our storm damage response team has the equipment, training, and experience to secure your property and board up any areas of the structure exposed to the elements. We provide a full range of building and reconstruction services when needed to restore a property to pre-damage condition. No matter how extensive the storm damage is, our team in Crestview, DeFuniak Springs, and Chipley can restore the damage, “Like it never even happened.” Call us today at 850-772-0686.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.