Microwave Oven Fire in Chipley Home?
Microwave ovens make heating or defrosting a meal easy for busy Chipley families. SERVPRO® of Crestview, DeFuniak Springs, Chipley offers these microwave oven safety tips from the National Fire Protection Association:
- PURCHASE a microwave oven that is listed by a qualified testing laboratory. Make sure to complete and return the product registration card. This way, the manufacturer can reach you if there is a recall on the product.
- PLUG the microwave oven directly into the wall outlet — never use an extension cord
- MAKE sure the microwave oven is at a safe height, within easy reach of all users
- OPEN food slowly, away from the face. Hot steam or the food itself can cause burns.
- FOOD heats unevenly in microwave ovens. Stir and test before eating or giving to children.
- NEVER heat a baby bottle in the microwave. Since a microwave oven heats unevenly, it can create hot pockets, leading to burns. Warm the bottle in a bowl of warm, not hot or boiling, water, or by running it under the tap.
Chipley residents and businesses trust SERVPRO® of Crestview, DeFuniak Springs, Chipley, to restore fire damage quickly and efficiently. We’ll repair your fire damage, “Like it never even happened.” Call us today at 850-772-0686.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.