Smoking Materials Fire in Crestview Home?
Our local team in Crestview, DeFuniak Springs, and Chipley restores fire damage each year. According to the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), smoking materials, including pipes and cigars, started an estimated 17,200 home structure fires in 2014, resulting in $426 million in direct property damage.
Here is some information from the NFPA on smoking safety:
- If you smoke, use only fire-safe cigarettes
- If you smoke, smoke outside. Most deaths result from fires that start in living rooms, family rooms, dens, or bedrooms.
- Keep cigarettes, lighters, matches, and other smoking materials up high out of the reach of children in a locked cabinet
Put It Out
- Use a deep, sturdy ashtray. Place it away from anything that can burn.
- Do not discard cigarettes in vegetation such as mulch, potted plants or landscaping, peat moss, dried grasses, leaves, or other things that could ignite easily
- Before you throw away butts and ashes, make sure they are out, and dousing in water or sand is the best way to do that
Never leave charging e-cigarettes unattended. E-cigarettes should be used with caution.
- Fires have occurred while e-cigarettes were being used
- While the battery was being charged
- While the device was being transported
- Battery failures have led to small explosions
Crestview residents and businesses can rely on our local team in Crestview, DeFuniak Springs, and Chipley to restore fire damage, “Like it never even happened.” Call us today at 850-772-0686.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.