Springtime Cleaning and Maintenance
SERVPRO Offers Tips to Get Your Home Clean and Ready for a New Spring
Springtime, even though we do not have significant seasonal changes, is the time to renew your house just as our Mother Earth refreshes herself. Step back, look around, and try the following:
1. Inspect porches for damaged steps, rotting planks, broken lattices, cracked concrete, weak railings, and general overall appearance. Inspect for water leaks or drainage problems. Front porches in Bonifay when cleaned and spruced up add to curb appeal, as any real estate agent will tell you.
2. Organize your attic. This is the time to have a yard sale. Stored and forgotten possessions that have not been used for six months are probably just taking up space.
3. Pollen and other allergens are in the Springtime air. If you or family members have hayfever or sensitivities to these airborne particulates, call SERVPRO to inspect your HVAC system. We can check, clean, and filter your ducts, replace filters, and sanitize and deodorize the network of circulated air delivery. This will improve your indoor air quality.
4. Check for termite mud tubes around the perimeter of your structure. If you see small particles of frass or pellets, you may have a drywood termite infestation. Call in a professional company to inspect your home.
5. Re-caulk and seal around the tubs, sinks, and shower stalls to prevent the seepage of water into the walls or flooring. Unnoticed moisture can lead to a mold infestation. If you suspect a problem call SERVPRO for a free inspection. Our IICRC certified technicians can remedy any mold issues that may be present. This can help prevent health effects while protecting your home's structure and your possessions.
6. Enjoy your landscaping and check for bugs, poorly growing vegetation, and vermin. Use fertilizer to replenish your shrubs and trees. Monitor the foundation of your house for any signs of water accumulation or dampness. If you suspect a possible water leak or negative drainage leading into your basement or crawlspace, call us to mitigate and restore your water damaged home.
7. Plant a tree or two. Remember they can grow large, so not too close to the house. Try planting native trees like a Myrtle or Sabal Palm. Florida offers us a variety of options because of our mild to hot climate. Take advantage and improve the appearance and health of your home.
We hope these tips from SERVPRO of N. Okaloosa, Walton, Holmes & Washington help you to appreciate your home and keep in well maintained. If you incur any fire, water, or mold related problems don't hesitate to call us for immediate service. (850) 267-0746